Before Your Tan:
- Please be showered, shaved and exfoliated with no lotion foundation or deodorant. Eye and lip makeup are ok. Hair must be blown dry and pulled up before application.
- If your hair is thick/coarse please do no shave immediately prior to your tan. Waxing myst be done at least 24 hours before your tan.
- Come prepared with loose, stretchy, dark clothing to wear home after your tan. A dress for ladies, loose shorts for men and flip-flops are all recommended.
- The better you exfoliate, the longer your tan will last.
- I want your skin to be thirsty when it comes to me (dry and dehydrated). This way your skin will absorb every bit of product that is applied for a deep long lasting tan.
During Your Tan:
- What you wear during your tan is up to you. You may choose to go nude or wear your wear your underwear/bathingsuit ( Men must wear their bathing suit, boxer briefs or speedo.
- If you choose to wear something during you tan, make sure to place it where you want you tan lines to be.
- A barrier scrub and lotion will be provided before each tan to prevent any tanned palms or feet.
After your Tan:
- I will be sure you are nice and dry before getting dressed after tanning.
- You will want to wear loose dark clothing home or until your have taken your first shower to rinse off the cosmetic bronzer.
- Bring a towel to place on your “leather/vinyl” car seats to avoid sticking and bronzing your car.
- Do not shower, sweat or apply lotion/foundation/deodorant for at least 6-8 hours for the (Tahitian Tan) – If you chose to do the express (Fiji Tan) you may do all of the above within 2-3 hours.
- General rule: The longer the cosmetic bronzer “sets” the longer and deeper your tan will be. Many clients prefer to sleep overnight with the initial application and shower the next morning.
- Your first shower should just be a “warm water rinse” so as not to inhibit the development of the DHA. This time limit is set to maximize your tan.
- After your first shower be sure to pat dry- no excessive rubbing & immediately apply your moisturizer religiously until your next appointment.
- Do NOT exfoliate for at least one week and try to shave as little as possible. Shaving is a form of exfoliation which will fade your tan.
- NO BAR SOAP!!! This will strip away your tan in 4 days or less.
- AVOID ANYTHING HIGH FRAGRANCE OR MINERAL OIL BASED!
- Always use waterproof sunscreen as the tan does not provide sun protection.
- NOTE: Pools with chlorine and excessive beach swimming will cause your tan to fade faster. Waterproof sunscreen can help act as a barrier.
- Your Hands, Face, & Feet will naturally fade faster due to frequent washing.
I offer a full line of custom products to help maintain & extend your tan.
Contact me for your next appointment email@example.com